Tuesday 10 December 2013

Betrayal in the Tudor Court by Darcey Bonnette

 

About the Book:

Image from Google
 Book Three in the Tudor Court Trilogy
 
Rating: Amazing
Pages: 347
Released: 2012
Published by: Kensington Publishing
 
-information from Goodreads
 
 

Synopsis:

Lady Cecily Burkhart is orphaned at eight years old and sent to live with Lord Hal and his family. There she meets Hal's devout daughter, Mirabella and the family's tutor and priest: Father Alec. As the family slowly falls apart, Cecily must hold them together. But as a mutual attraction between her and Father Alec grows, Mirabella becomes plagued with jealousy and she starts a chain of dramatic events that threaten to destroy them all...

 

First Line:

"Lincolnshire, England. Summer, 1527 -
She hid in her mother's wardrobe."

 

Review:

This was definitely my favourite of the Tudor Court Trilogy. I loved everything about this book. The characters, the plot, everything. For me, this book gave me a more emotional response then the others. Again, this was due to Darcey's beautifully created characters. She can create a lead character you can route for from the start, a romance that makes you heart ache and a villain you actually want to punch in the face. The villain in this book is what made this book the best of the trilogy in my eyes. To have such an emotional reaction to a character is rarely something I experience, so when I experience it (with a character/plot) I know I'm holding a truly fantastic book in my hands.

 

Recommended Audience:

Anyone whose over 18, or a history fanatic, or anyone looking for a new book.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs