Wednesday 2 October 2013

Book Review: Warm Bodies by Issac Marion

Image from Google
 

About this book:

Rating: Amazing
Pages: 240
Released: October 28th 2010
Published by: Vintage
 

Synopsis:

"R" is a zombie but he's different from other zombies: he dreams. One day, whilst out hunting for food, he meets Julie. For reasons he doesn't understand he doesn't want to eat her. R suddenly finds himself wanting to protect this strange girl and from then on they find themselves in a strange relationship. Together their breaking the rules and to stay together they must fight...
 

First Line:

"I am dead, but it's not so bad."
 
 

Review:

I throughly enjoyed this book. From it's unique plot to the witty yet thought provoking writing, I just loved it all. Who would have thought I'd be taking the side of a zombie? R is an amazing character, he builds his world so clearly that it becomes almost real. I especially loved the way he questioned every aspect of his post apocalyptic world, making you see it from many different views so you are constantly changing your perspective. As for Isacc Marion's writting...it was out of this world fantastic. 
The only thing I didn't like so much was the ending. It was sort of antic climatic for me. I didn't really understand what happened with Grigio and the Boney's - maybe I read it to quickly and got confused... The jury's still out on the ending.
All in all I really enjoyed this book much more then I thought I would (zombies aren't really my thing). And I'm so pleased to have it as part of my collection.
 

Recommended Audience:

Anyone who loves fiction set in post apocalyptic worlds, or anyone who likes zombies.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs