Saturday 23 November 2013

Book Review: Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte



Image from Google

About the book:

Rating: Amazing
Pages: 592
Released: 1847
Published: Penquin
 
-information by Goodreads
 

Synopsis:

Jane Eyre had a troubled childhood. Orphaned she goes to live at her Uncles where she's subjected to humiliation by her spiteful Aunt and her children. Eventually she is taken to boarding school which she survives by her strength of character alone. Then she gets work as a governess in the home of dark and mysterious Mr Rochester. But as Jane and Mr Rochester grow closer, Thornfield Hall has a secret that threatens to pull them apart forever?
 

First Line:

"There was no possibility of taking a walk that day."
 

Review:

Surprisingly, I loved this book. I've put off reading this book as I didn't think I'd like it and the story would drag like other classics I have tried reading before. The story ensnared me and I devoured the book in a matter of days. Having already known the story due to films and TV adaptations I thought that would hinder my reading experience. But I was mistaken, this book is different from any retelling I've seen, which made the reading more enjoyable. I loved the story of an unconventional love between Mr Rochester and Jane Eyre. It wasn't love at first sight it was a slow process which made it more believable. You followed Jane Eyre through the does he? doesn't he? and the will they? won't they? much like you would in real life relationships. The characters were just as intriguing as the plot and just as enjoyable to follow. The characters multifaceted personalities just added to the plot in a way that enhanced the story. All in all a fantastic read, highly enjoyable.
 

Recommended Audience:

Anyone who wants to start delving into the world of classics and doesn't know where to start.
 

Favourite Quote:

"If God had blessed me with beauty and wealth, I would make it as hard for you to leave me, as it is for I to leave you." - Jane Eyre
 
 

 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs