Saturday 23 November 2013

Book Review: Mary and Elizabeth by Emily Purdy

About the book:


Image from Google
Rating: Amazing
Pages: 376
Released: June 16th 2011
Published by: Harper Collins Publishers Ltd.
 
-information from Goodreads
 

Synopsis:

When their father, Henry VIII dies, sisters Mary and Elizabeth along with their brother are now orphans and young Edward is now King. The years that follow see the once beloved sisters become divided as religion and circumstances cause them to doubt each other. Will they be able to reconcile their differences before its too late or will their growing hatred be their downfall?
 

First Line:

"Wonderful, dangerous, cruel, and wise, after thirty-eight years of ruling England, King Henry VIII lay dying."
 

Review:

 I loved this book! My favourite period of English History is the Tudor period, so any book written about this time is always a winner for me. But this book was really amazing. Even though its a fiction novel I really felt like the events of this book could have been what actually happened. This book totally absorbed my attention so that I began hoping for different outcomes even though I knew what would ultimately happen to each character. I became emotionally involved in the characters I really cared about what was happened to them and I really didn't like it when something bad was going to happen to them. Overall, this book was quite emotion/thought provoking and was just captivating and I enjoyed every page. 
 

Recommended Audience:

Anyone who enjoys historical fiction.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs