Sunday 5 January 2014

Bout of Books 9.0


This is my blog post declaring my intention to take part in Bout if Books 9.0. What is Bout of Books? Read below:
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 6th and runs through Sunday, January 12th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 9.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team


I took part in and loved the last Bout of Books read-a-thon (8.0), so of course I was going to sign up for this Bout of Books. Bout of Books 9.0 starts tomorrow: Monday 6th January at Midnight and finishes on Sunday 12th January at Midnight. So basically you have a whole seven days to read as much as possible.

When I took part in Bout of Books 8.0, I didn't do as well as I hoped I would. I think this was largely due to me setting myself an unrealistic goal and picking too larger books. This time round, I'm still setting myself a large target of books to reach but I think there more achieve able this time as they are a lot smaller. 

So what am I going to read? I hear you ask. 

Well, just before Christmas, I found two series I read back when I was younger. I remember really enjoying them so I took them out of storage with the intention of re-reading them and Bout of Books seems like the perfect opportunity to get that done. I also have a book I'm currently reading that I'm hoping I can complete during the week too. 

The books are:

Never Let Me Go - Kazuo Ishiguro (my current read):

Image from Google
 

The Consequences Series by Laurie Depp:
 
Image from Google


- Don't Call Me Baby (#1) 
- The Camera Never Lies (#2)
- Runaway Girl (#3)
- Secrets, Lies and Videotapes (#4)
- Holding the Front page (#5)
- I'm with the Band (#6)

The Tim Bowler Collection: 

Shadows - Tim Bowler                                                           Starseeker - Tim Bowler
 
Image from Google
Image from Google
 
 
 
 
Dragon's rock - Tim Bowler 
 
Image from Google
                                              River boy - Tim Bowler
 
Image from Google
 
Storm catchers - Tim Bowler
 
Image from Google
                                           Midget - Tim Bowler 
 
Image from Google


Total books I'm attempting to read is 13! 

As part of this read-a-thon is to also document your progress, I've decided to do daily blog posts as well as daily vlog like videos on my YouTube channel, which you can find here. I'm also hoping to tweet throughout the week with updates as well as chatting to many of the other participants too. You can follow me on Twitter by clicking the Twitter icon at the top of this blog, which will take you directly to my page.

Please leave a comment if you will be taking part in Bout of Books 9.0 and tell me what your planning to read during the week. 

If you are taking part good luck! 
Bout of Books

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs