Thursday 2 January 2014

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

About the book:

 
Image from Google
Rating: Amazing
Pages: 313
Released: 2012
Published by: Penguin Books
 

Synopsis:

Hazel has terminal cancer. Even the miracle tumour-shrinking medicine can't cure her, it's only brought her a few years. Her parents force her to attend Cancer Kid Support in a attempt to help her come to terms with her fate. It's there that she meets new member Augustus Waters and her life completely changes...
 

First Line:

"Late in the winter of my seventeenth year, my mother decided I was depressed, presumably because I rarely left the house, spent quite a lot of time in bed. read the same book over and over, ate infrequently, and devoted quite a bit of my abundant free time to thinking about death."
 

Review:

I don't know exactly how I'm going to be able to describe how incredible this book is. It took my breath away, left my mind whirling and tears slowly trickling down my face. John Green's writing was flawless - he managed to capture every facet of human nature and incredibly honest while doing so. He manifests the perfect cocktail of heartbreakingly tragic moments with heart lifting good humour, showcasing the rollercoaster of emotions us humans go through when faced with adversities. Augustus and Hazel really drive the message of this book deep into your heart and mind so that your left feeling nothing but admiration for them. Learning to cope with and understand the fact that there are some things you just can not change was the message throughout. The sheer fear and helplessness felt when faced with the reality that they have no control over what's happening to them, but that they're determined to have some sort of control over their lives, was the reason why this book struck a cord with me. It's just a phenomenal read.     
 

Recommended Audience:

Anyone! But be careful, if you are not in the mood for such an emotional book, don't read it. Not until your ready. 
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs