Friday 3 January 2014

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

About the book:

Book One in the Miss Peregrine Series
Image form Google

 
Rating: Good
Pages: 348
Released: 2011
Published by: Quirk Books
 
-information from Goodreads
 

Synopsis:

A family tragedy sets 16 year old Jacob on a journey to Wales in search for answers. When he discovers Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children and explores the crumpling building he begins to find out more about Miss Peregrine's children. That their not just peculiar but that they may be dangerous too. As he uncovers more secrets, he finds that Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children may still be alive. But how is that possible?
 

First Line:

"I had just come to accept that my life would be ordinary when extraordinary things began to happen."
 

Review:

The beginning of this book was fantastic. The created storyline was mysterious and compelling and immediately grabbed my attention. But as the story progressed and the secrets were revealed I began to like the story less and less. I know a lot of people have loved this book but I found the story a bit to far fetched and unbelievable. I actually thought the story became a bit ridiculous as it drew to its conclusion. Having said that though it wasn't a bad read and I would like to continue the series, although I can't say I'll rush out to buy it. The photographs intertwined with the story was a great addition to the story as it enhanced it by giving you a clear image to the characters, as well as more insight to the main character Jacob as you were discovering things as he did.
 

Recommended Audience:

Fans of paranormal fiction, or young adult enthusiasts.   
 
 
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs