Tuesday 11 February 2014

Gone by Michael Grant

About the book:

Image from Google
Book One in the Gone Series

Rating: Good 3/5 stars
Pages: 560
Released: 2009
Published by: Egmont UK Limited

-information from Goodreads

Synopsis:

It's a day like any in a small southern Californian town. Until everyone over the age of fifteen disappears in the blink of an eye. Trapped, cut off from loved ones, and with the hope that help is on its way fading, chaos rules the streets. Factions are being formed, bullies roam the streets and to make things worse some children have powers. Powers that no ones seen before and that no one can explain...

First Line:

"One minute the teacher was talking about the Civil War."

Review:

I'd heard so much about this book/series and I'd been dragging my heels to pick it up as I thought I would be disappointed by it. That was stupid of me, I really enjoyed this book. The plot is unique and exciting. The characters were diversable and easy to love/hate. All in all I just really enjoyed this book. The only negative thing I can say is I found the age of these children to be a bit unbelievable. These are 14 and under aged children and they are having to fend for themselves in their new world? My rational brain found it hard to accept - especially some of the things the children did. But apart from that small fact I really enjoyed it and I am looking forward to the rest of this series.  

Recommended Audience:

I don't think there are many people who haven't read this...but anyone who is a fan of YA.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs