Tuesday 11 February 2014

Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro

About the Book:


Image from Google
Rating: OK 2/5 stars
Pages: 282
Released: 2005
Published by: Faber and Faber


-information by Goodreads


Synopsis:

"Kathy, Ruth and Tommy grew up together at Hailsham, a seemingly idyllic school deep in the English countryside with a dreadful secret at its heart. Now thirty-one, Kathy attempts to come to terms with her childhood at Hailsham and with the fate that has always awaited her and her closest friends in the wider world." 
-synopsis from the blurb of the book

First Line:

"My name is Kathy H."

Review:

Although the concept of this book was unique, I just struggled to get into this book. The narrative I found very jumpy as Kathy jumped from one memory to another and overall I found it boring. I didn't connect to the characters at all. Even though what they were going through was horrible, I found myself being unmoved by their plights. The plot of this story has so much potential but it was let down in the writing. This book could have been so much more emotional and controversially thought provoking, but it just disappointed me. It really annoys me when I read books like this were the plot has so much potential but it gets wasted by the writing style. Having said this, the book did pick up as it went on but it still failed to impress me.  

Recommended Audience:

I don't know if I would actually recommend this book to anyone.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs